Working together with your onsite and offsite backup regimen, Archive7 will ensure your company
has a comprehensive disaster recovery plan in place protecting you from short-term loss of
electronic data, and give you recourse to your company’s historical data
- Prevent data loss from natural and man-made disasters
- More cost effective than using the traditional method of simply adding more storage (disks) and servers
- Archive7 will allow you to retrieve historic information
- Instead of investing heavily in new equipment, Archive7 offers a far more cost effective method of storage.
- Enjoy continuous availability of archived data for reporting and compliance audits
- Reduce your managed storage costs related to inactive data and retired applications
- Archive7 will help you to ensure that your organisation complies with relevant legislation and compliance issues or face being fined
The onsite data archiving strategy embodies the creation of multiple snapshots of parts of
the electronic state of the Client’s LinExchange or MailActive server or servers.
This strategy would thus form an integral part of a data redundancy programme.
The Archive7 service is facilitated through the careful integration of Micro-D’s Diskmirror7, Archive7, Rsync, Cron, Ssh, and various other sub-systems.
The multiple snapshots are stored on a dedicated Archive7 server, this can be done on-site or hosted depending on your specific business requirements.
These snapshots capture part or all of these electronic states at configurable specific instances in time, in accordance to an agreed archive regimen.
A typical archive regimen is to:
- Create a single snapshot each night for the 7 nights
- Create a single snapshot each month for 11 months
- Create a single snapshot each year in the 12th month of each year for 5 years
The monthly snapshots in a subsequent year overwrite the corresponding snapshot for the current year.
In addition, we provide a number of products tailored specifically to address the needs of cost-conscious businesses. Don’t risk your valuable business information by trying to go it alone! Contact Us now for more information. Remember, there is absolutely no obligation when you call or email.