In business today e-mail is the critical communications tool that allows people to produce the best results.
This reliance on e-mail has increased the number of messages sent and received, the variety of work
getting done and even the speed of business itself.
Employee expectations have also evolved, looking for rich, efficient access to e-mail, calenders, contacts,
attachments and more – no matter where they are or what type of device they are using.
Micro-D’s MailActive system addresses these needs.
- Complete messaging platform for your company employees
- Built-in protective technologies to keep your business moving, reduce spam and viruses, enable confidential communications and help your company to be compliant
- Centralised storage and management of all e-mail
- Bandwith conservation through the effective delivery of local mail
- Full Disaster Recovery Plan
- Free updates and system enhancements
- Detailed reporting on mail server performance
- Safe remote access to e-mail
Sending, receiving, and storage of users’electronic email:
The MailActive e-mail server downloads all e-mail originating from the Internet on behalf of the users, thereby removing the need for users to download their email individually. Users’ incoming Internet e-mail is usually first captured by one of Micro-D’s Internet hosting servers. The MailActive server will then fetch all these captured e-mail messages at configurable time intervals.
Store-and-forward email service:
The mail service is facilitated through the careful integration of Sendmail, Uucp, Dovecot, Micro-D’s MailScanner-7C,
NameD for DNS, Micro-D’s Nova7, Syslog, Cron, F-Prot, ClamAV, and other sub-systems.
Local versus remote email delivery:
The MailActive server distinguishes between “local” and “remote” delivery of e-mail. Local e-mail will be delivered on the MailActive
server without incurring bandwidth traffic across the Client’s Internet link.
MailActive comprises a collection of enhancements to Sendmail, namely:
- MaPolice: Real-time spam and virus filtering, general e-mail size control
- MaPolicy: Per-user e-mail policy management
- MaArchive: Per-user e-mail archiving
- MaNova7: Bulk distribution of configurable mailshots
- MaStat: Live graphical reports of e-mail traffic
- Webmail7 Remote access to e-mail
- Group7 Company-wide shared appointments, contacts database, tasks, and timesheets
MailActive supports all standard e-mail clients like Microsoft Outlook, Pegasus, Netscape Communicator, Mozilla,
Thunderbird or Apple Entourage, as well as the delivery of mail to all Smartphone e-mail clients.
- Full hardware, installation and maintenance plan
- Unlimited onsite mailbox size
- Support for multiple mailboxes within your own domain
- Internet and Intranet POP3/SMTP mailserver and client
- Supports both POP and IMAP
- Central server platform which is proven immune to virus infection
- Full automatic protection of e-mail
- Full remote access to email, appointments and contacts
- Zero software licenses
In addition, we provide a number of products tailored specifically to address the needs of cost-conscious businesses. Don’t risk your valuable business information by trying to go it alone! Contact Us now for more information. Remember, there is absolutely no obligation when you call or email.